“Fits of anger generate an illusion that we are strong, simply because it feels like strength; it’s not, it’s actually a terrible weakness.” – David Kupelian, How Evil Works (Paraphrased)
Anytime we ally with the enemy we’re partnering with weakness; how different life would be if we could recognize such a truth.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be complete, lacking in nothing. 1
Points to ponder:
- Is temptation not a trial?
- Not succumbing to temptation, is that not a test of our faith?
- If we do fail, does repentance not also test our faith?
- At the moment of conviction, are we not positioned to be set free from the bondage of the enemy through confession and agreement with God?2
- Is not faith required for us to come boldly into the presence of God?3
- Is it possible that no matter the outcome, if we remain in relationship with God, we are on the road to steadfastness?4
- Can we have a greater hope; is this not the hope of the gospel?5
My Prayer: Thank you God for loving us unconditionally. Thank you for providing us the way back to unbroken relationship with you. Thank you for the grace to respond to your calling. We are so richly blessed by you! Amen.